The Mining Industry's Innovation Accelerator Challenge Returns to PDAC
VANCOUVER - Goldcorp Inc. is pleased to present the second #DisruptMining accelerator challenge and live finale event on Sunday, March 4, 2018 during the annual Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) conference.
- Goldcorp to host the 2018 #DisruptMining innovation expo and "shark-tank" style live event at the Rebel Entertainment Complex
- Disruptors from all sectors encouraged to pitch their exponential technologies and rogue ideas to a panel of senior mining and technology leaders in front of a live audience of influencers and decision-makers.
- Winning disruptor(s) can earn an opportunity to negotiate up to C$1 million investment from Goldcorp, one of the world's largest and most innovative gold producers1
- All proceeds from the #DisruptMining finale event will support innovation-focused scholarships
- Kick off #DisruptMining video: https://youtu.be/gXKn-CjM5Hk
Launched in 2017, the #DisruptMining challenge spurs collaboration between innovators working with exponential technologies in any sector to disrupt mining and compete for the opportunity to showcase their ideas in front of a live audience of over one thousand industry leaders and a "shark-tank" style panel of industry executives.
Last year at the #DisruptMining Challenge, finalist KORE Geosystems
earned a coveted seat at the table with Goldcorp to negotiate a C$1 million investment during the "Shark-Tank" style live finale. "The #DisruptMining challenge opened doors to hundreds of potential investors and customers," said Vince Gerrie, President of KORE Geosystems. "Goldcorp's C$1 million investment in KORE Geosystems has accelerated our technology development. We are very excited to launch our pilot program in 2018." KORE delivers critical decision-making technology by applying artificial intelligence to geoscience data sources allowing confident, data driven decisions in real time.
Call for Disruptors across all industries
The #DisruptMining challenge encourages ideas that accelerate solutions to some of the biggest challenges in mining. Do you have the imagination and the attitude to blast convention? Any innovator interested in pitching their idea at the #DisruptMining Innovation Expo and "shark-tank" style live event should submit an application via the submission portal found at www.disruptmining.com
. Submissions will be accepted via the online portal from January 2, 2018 12:01am PST / 3:01am EST until January 16, 2018 at 8:59pm PST / 11:59 pm EST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
#DisruptMining Submission Categories:
- Feed the long-term pipeline for metals
- Enhance productivity, efficiency and automation
- Improve safety
- Reduce environmental footprint
- Facilitate open and transparent markets
- "Go rogue"
Applications must be a maximum of five pages and include a brief introduction to the idea and/or technology being pitched as well as an explanation of its potential impact on the mining industry. Multi-media submissions are highly encouraged to complement the pitch.
Semi-finalists will be invited to exhibit their ideas at the Innovation Expo, and three finalists will be chosen to pitch at the #DisruptMining live event. All semi-finalists and finalists will be notified by February 5, 2018.
The #DisruptMining challenge is open to all individuals or groups of individuals in Canada or the US (excluding residents of Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Tennessee and Vermont) who are at least the age of majority in their province, state, territory or country of residence. Eligibility to earn an opportunity to negotiate an investment from Goldcorp requires travel to Toronto, Canada on March 4, 2018 and participation in live meetings and the live finale event on March 4, 2018. For complete eligibility criteria, please refer to www.disruptmining.com
#DisruptMining Innovation Expo
The #DisruptMining Innovation Expo will showcase the semi-finalists and offer direct interaction to demonstrate how they can help the mining industry accelerate the pace of technological advancement.
"Shark-Tank" Style Live Finale
The #DisruptMining Innovation Expo will transition into an evening event, in which three finalists will pitch their disruptive ideas "shark-tank" style to a live audience and have the opportunity to negotiate up to C$1 million in investment for a proof of concept at one of Goldcorp's mines or direct investment in the winning technologies.
More than 1,000 mining executives, investors, technologists and financiers will be in attendance, each looking for that one revolutionary idea.
#DisruptMining Challenge Timeline
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018: Deadline for submissions.
- Monday, February 5, 2018: Selected disruptors notified.
- Sunday, March 4, 2018: #DisruptMining Innovation Expo and Live Finale
For more information and to review full submission details, please visit: www.disruptmining.com