MEXICO – At an accelerating rate, Mexican mines are taking advantage of advanced simulation technology along with skilled people and proven process from Immersive Technologies
to optimize their equipment operator workforce.
Mine sites are measuring significant improvements in reliability and fuel savings as many new sites invest in operator training simulators and associated services. Recent examples include:
- Pan American Silver of Vancouver has expanded its simulator based training program to include underground drills and LHDs. This follows the adoption six months earlier of a simulator based truck operator training solution which is managed and operated on site by Immersive Technologies.
- NEMISA, Mexico’s largest underground mine, has invested in simulators for their new training school.
- A leading silver and gold producer has expanded simulation training capacity following achieving a 10% fuel savings using Immersive Technologies simulation based training solutions.
- La Cantera Desarrollos Mineros, one of Mexico´s leading underground contractors, has invested in a simulator based LHD training solution that will be supplied, managed and operated on site by Immersive Technologies.
At Pan American Silver
’s underground La Colorada site in Zacatecas, an embedded Immersive Technologies trainer is in place to support and manage the IM360 simulator-based training solution. In less than six months the site has seen impactful improvements including:
- 5% reduction of total TH315 underground truck failures;
- 7% reduction of electrical failures of TH315 fleet; and
- 12% reduction of in hydraulic system failures in TH315 fleet
“Many of our Mexico customers are choosing a managed service where Immersive is not only providing the technology and process but also the people to execute the training. This means the mine does not need to spend resources and time developing their own content from scratch but instead benefit from a turnkey solution that produces quantifiable return on investment from the very get go,” says Bryant Mullaney, VP managed services and consulting at Immersive Technologies.
Learn about Immersive Technologies’ managed services by clicking here.
[caption id="attachment_1003718189" align="aligncenter" width="448"] Mexican miners are achieving significant operator training success by investing in surface and underground simulators from Immersive Technologies.